The Ferris PAC (Parent Advisory Committee) is always looking for new ways to improve our communication with the parents.. We will be launching Konstella, a tool built specifically for parent committees to streamline communications and foster close-knit parent communities. It is a private service, only registered Ferris users can access it. In addition to a very helpful calendar with email alerts on important dates for the school, Konstella is also used for sign ups and tracking volunteers. We ask all parents to join Konstella (for free) so as not to miss out on any important information. This platform will only be successful if we have as many parents on it as possible.
There are 4 ways for parents to become part of the Ferris Konstella community:
Visit https://www.konstella.com/cd/bG5Tgb and register without being invited. Invitation code is bG5Tgb if you register using Konstella App.
The school sent out a privacy form in the beginning of the year. If you consented to the PAC having access to your information, your email will be added to Konstella. You should receive an email to register shortly.
If you attended a PAC meeting and asked for your email to be added to Konstella, you should receive an email to register shortly.
If you do not receive an email or would like to register yourself, please do the following:
- Go to https://www.konstella.com
- Click on “Find Your School” and search for Ferris.
- Type in your email address and fill in the form.
- You will receive an email to register when we approve the request.
Please also make sure to tell other parents so they don’t miss out!!
Once you receive a registration email, make sure you register and do the following: :
Set your Privacy Settings.
- Click your name at the top left corner.
- Go to “Account Settings” → Privacy → Mark Yes/No according to your preference
Place your child in his/her classroom.
- Web: Click your name at the top left corner. Click “My Children” to add/modify your children.
- Mobile App: Click the “Me” tab at the bottom. Click “My Children”
Download the app on your phone!
This will be our first year using this platform, and it is still a work in progress for everyone. We appreciate feedback and suggestions to ensure it remains a valuable tool.
This is a private site only for Ferris parents. The PAC is not responsible and will not be moderating any conversations that take place in this platform. As part of this online parent community, you agree to the following guidelines:
- Be respectful of other’s ideas, opinions and beliefs.
- Do not raise issues about teachers and other staff members on this platform. Please go directly to the teacher or the principal if you have any concerns.
- Do not raise issues about other children on this platform. Please go directly to the teacher, the principal, or directly to the parent if you have any concerns.
- Do not submit defamatory comments (comments that are untrue and capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation).
- Do not submit comments that contain other parent’s or children’s personal information.
- Do not swear or use language that could offend other parents